[lit-ideas] Re: Oh, Take me to JesusLand!

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:00:50 -0600

Andy, for a professed history buff, your ignorance of the origin of the state of Israel is appalling. Try these:
http://www.mideastweb.org/zionism.htm
http://www.ariga.com/peacewatch/history.htm
http://www.masada2000.org/historical.html
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/popalhome.html

I have no doubt that Israel was created out of a sense if profound guilt for the holocaust which the US blithely ignored along with the rest of the world -- most of whom had willingly participated in pogroms for the past 2000 years, ever since Rome expelled the Jews from Judea -- and also there was the matter of Britain not being up to maintaining its empire following the war and needing desperately to turn the place over to someone else and since most of the Jews (who were now blowing up hotels in their devotion to Zionism) were European like the Brits, well, it just made sense, didn't it, to turn the place over to those who understood your needs. What does an Arab know about the exigencies of machinery? Two birds with one stone, hey? True, Germany should have been given to the Jews as the new Jerusalem. That would have been just and fair and retributional. After all most of Western Civilization was Jewish in origin, and more especially German civilization which at the time was the pinnacle of Western Civilization. We could have sent all the Germans to live in France in retribution for the Treaty of Versailles. But, no, the world chose to pick on the Palestinians who had never persecuted the Jews. Why pick on them? Do you really need to ask? Because they were sand niggers and had no power to resist. But they did, damn them. Ergo. today.

Israel is a fact. Palestine needs to be. The World needs to settle this -- equitably -- after all, it was the world who started it -- not the Jews, not the Palestinians.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/17/2005 3:02:30 AM

 From a recent exchange:

>>A.A. Ah, but who asked the Palestinians if they wanted to give up their
>>homeland?

>>V.C.No one.  Palestine was a colony of Britain.  The establishment of
>>Israel was done in the UN.

> ***A.A. Can you supply a source for this?

Google, he said. Either 'Palestine,' 'Israel,' or 'Zionism' should get
you started.

Robert Paul
Reed College