[lit-ideas] Re: OFF LIST Re: Re: Poetry be damned.

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:07:43 -0500

Thanks for the poem, Mike. I had never read it. I think St. Ursula has had to hang up her halo -- decommissioned, as it were. No one knows where the eleven thousand virgins went. One story has them all making an appearance at Lake Bled in Slovenia. Ah, tourism...
http://www.uvi.si/img/photo/slovenia/large/085.jpg.
Ursula

Mike Geary wrote:

My apologies to the list for misdirecting my post to Ursula. I like the name Ursula also. Means "bear" I'm guessing. I've had a special liking for the name ever since reading Wallace Stevens magnificent poem, "CY EST PORTRAICTE, MADAME STE URSULE, ET LES UNZE MILLE VIERGES"