[lit-ideas] Re: No pictures yet, but....

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 09:48:29 +0900

On 6/11/06, Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BTW, your web page is very fine indeed. Loads quickly, lots of white space, well organized, with a clean, professional look.

Thanks, Eric. Credit is very much due to pMachines, the producers of the Expression Engine software we used and to Website designer Michael Boyink, who has been an incredible pleasure to work with.

For those who might be interested in the geekish details, allow me to
point out that what attracted me to Expression Engine was two things.
First, it uses the same basic logic as Filemaker Pro (another favorite
of mine), in that all the content (text and photos) is stored in
databases and displayed on the fly using layout templates instead of
static pages. The back end, where we get to mess with the content is,
IMHO, very elegantly designed and gives the Website users an
incredible amount of control in ways that are very simple. When, for
example, I introduced Kyoko to it so that she could work on the
Japanese, it took less than 10 minutes to get her up and running.
Boyink helped us design the site and did the template coding for us,
constructing the basic XHTML and adding the special Expression Engine
coding that activates, should you want it, just about every feature
you can imagine.

Cheers,

John

--