[lit-ideas] Re: Nick Hornby, anyone?

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 13:40:43 -0700

On Jun 5, 2010, at 4:14 AM, Julie Krueger wrote:

Btw, re. going wrong not doing stuff people told me not to, I second that emotion.

After a morning with notably strange evidence of local drivers' selfishness and aggression, counterbalanced by Tom Robbins being asked on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" to answer questions about Tim Robbins, motivational speaker, at lunchtime in search of solace I opened the very local section of our newspaper. It described some of the kids who had done well in school this year. The guy who was singled out for his interest in quantum computing is named Yale Fan. In the Fall, he's going to Harvard. He says he is, however, a genuine Yale fan. When he was fifteen he wrote--and you don't see this kind of wording in the paper very often--"A Generalization of the Deutsch-Jozsa Algorithm to Multi-Valued Quantum Logic."

Which led me to this:
http://www.qubit.org/people/david/index.php?path=Video/Why%20Are% 20Flowers%20Beautiful

Hooray.

David Ritchie,