[lit-ideas] Re: New Poems For A New Year

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:06:10 -0800

On Jan 3, 2010, at 7:10 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

WOMEN (AS THE SAYING GOES)

This one I particularly like, but though when it comes to memories of ugly high school trophies, also two tone golf shoes picked out by third wife or goddess I am able to josh on home or away tees re. twin barrel carburetors, portable power sources, initial public offerings, I find I am missing what the extremes of my sex hold dear, and so re. men am about as puzzled as Geary seems to be re. the middle realm of women. In the middle of the manly dept. hereabouts, I hold my own, but hand me a gas chain saw or bray about bulk and bonuses, and I begin to feel somewhat frayed about the fringe. I become someone with less testosterone or whatnot in. This is not problematic.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon