[lit-ideas] Re: Multiculturalism as work in the UK

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 02:04:29 -0500

Lawrence's URL didn't work for me, but I found the item on the Telegraph front page and followed it to this page:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=TJJJSM4UKLTKTQFIQMGCFGGAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2006/02/19/nsharia19.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/02/19/ixportaltop.html

Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK
By Patrick Hennessy and Melissa Kite
(Filed: 19/02/2006)

Four out of 10 British Muslims want sharia law introduced into parts of the country, a survey reveals today.

The ICM opinion poll also indicates that a fifth have sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London last July 7, killing 52 people, although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.