[lit-ideas] Re: me too online

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 01:54:58 -0500

...Oh...the horses....Ursula....remembering a half-remembered youth...

Yes, I was lucky to have a friend who had thoughtfully reserved a site on the island for early June, before the flies torment the wild horses and make them mean. Remember sitting with coffee on a dune watching the sunrise over the ocean as a line of wild horses cantered up the beach. The lead horse paused directly in front of me, broke rank, came slowly up to me, bent down sniffing, watching me, and turned back to the group. The horses slowly continued their single-file stroll along the surf.