[lit-ideas] Re: Movies without Guns, deliaf@netvision.net.il

  • From: Walter Okshevsky <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:52:47 -0230 (NDT)

During my brief flirtation with Heidegger as a doctoral student, I used to
read that book on the subway in T.O until I noticed people smirking and
giving me very strange looks. Perhaps they were thinking: "What an idiot.
He doesn't know. What's worse, he thinks he can find out by reading a book
on the subject." From that day on, I rode the rails only with Kant's texts
in hand. Cheers,

Walter O.
Vanity Press, Ltd.