[lit-ideas] Re: More polls

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 00:14:35 EST

Re. polls, our state is mirroring the nation.  The Dem and Rep up for
Governor are each at 47% with 6% undecided.

I'm voting in the morning.  Or rather, I'm going to vote in the  morning but
may not actually vote until the afternoon.  Missouri did not  have an early
vote option so God only knows what the lines will be like.   Then I'm going to
come home and whimper under my covers.  Someone wake me  when it's all over.

When the political pundits say there are 33 mathematical scenarios that
would result in 269 Dem electoral votes and 269 Rep electoral votes and in that

case "the party who has the best lawyers will win" it's no longer a  democracy.

(btw, Marlena, my relatively conservative Evangelical Mother believes that
if Bush is re-elected it signals the beginning of "the End-Times".  An
anomoly.   A national poll done by NBC asked people who attended  Church (a
church
any church) once a week or more who they would vote for.   68% (63% maybe?  it
was one or the other) would vote for Bush.)  I  just hope all those newly
registered young people don't wake up with hangovers  from College partying and
forget who to vote for.

Julie Krueger
beyond nail-biting