[lit-ideas] Re: More Translation Opportunities, Especially for the Welsh

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:04:50 -0700 (PDT)

"Early" music goes back thousands of years of which only about 40 pieces are
extant.  The only music I detest is today's popular music, which has become a
cycle of I don't listen to it so I don't like it so I don't listen to it.
Greensleeves has an Elizabethan pedigree, along with Shakespeare, Spencer,
Marlowe.  Some think it is exquisitely beautiful, and certainly it has stood
the test of time.  It can only be hoped that other musical postings will be
more pleasing.

Andy

David Ritchie,
detesting "Greensleeves" and much "early" music in
Portland,