[lit-ideas] Re: Mini-Ice Age?

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:42:30 -0500

Ha! Robert Frost's fire or ice quandary writ large.

The only thing we know for sure is that Western industrial nations have to surrender their Enlightenment values, wealth, and modus vivendi to the emerging nations so that we can all engage in a utopian group hug of bootstrap lifting. Heave ho.

Oh yeah ... and that all literature written before 1950 is sign of a profound Eurocentric disease that literature written after 1950, especially by writers who belong to marginalized groups, is intended to cure.

Go globalism!