[lit-ideas] Re: Men ents weakness.

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 17:22:14 -0500

JL: "The implicature: Women ents strength."

I respectfully disagree.  There's no implicature whatever to the statement
"Men ents weakness.".  If I say, "He's a pillar of the community.  What's
the implicature?   The only possible one I can imagine is that some men
aren't pillars of the community, that's both ent and implicature, I think..

Me Tarzan, me speak straight, no implicature, no entailment.  Word is what
word means. Only that.  Lion is lion. Tazan not lying, Tarzan be truth.

Mike Geary
Memphis