[lit-ideas] Re: Mein Herz brennt

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 23:04:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Bruce <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [A website concerned with virtually all aspects of
> the band Rammstein
> points out this song's relationship to a children's
> show called Das
> Sandmännchen (The Little Sandman) that started in
> the mid-1950s (and
> with which virtually every German who has grown up
> since then is
> familiar).  Every night the  Sandmännchen would tell
> bedtime stories,
> starting with "Nun, liebe Kinder, gebt fein Acht.
> Ich

Is this the little elf with a blue pointy hat and a
white goat beard? We had it on TV too. I always
thought that was a DDR thing, as I got such a doll
from an East German family friend. (Who turned out to
be the head Stasi agent in Finland, codename "Oxford",
water under the bridge as far as we are concerned and
we still have lot of stuff in the family financed by
DDR...)

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland