[lit-ideas] Re: Marx's influence in America

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:34:44 -0500

Absolutely.  If there were no slavery, there would have been no need for
civil war.  Slaves were fundamental to the economy, the politics, the whole
way of life of the South.  They were fighting for their economy and their
way of life, which is to say, slavery.  The North didn't have plantations,
so it didn't need slaves.

South