[lit-ideas] Re: Magritte on Spinoza

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:03:38 EST

I asked because I am confused.  I have always loved Magritte but don't  know
his entire repertoire.  I looked for something entitled "Spinoza" and  found
that link, but the picture that came up is one I know as "Décolcomanie"
("Transfer").  Foucault does a nice couple of paragraphs on that painting  in
Ceci
N'est Pas Une Pipe, which I'll type out after I'm through watching the  end of
the world as we know it (why do total destruction movies cheer me up so
much?).  But I still don't understand what it has to do with  Spinoza??

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Magritte on
Spinoza  Date: 11/17/04 7:47:37 PM Central Standard Time  From:
_Ursula@xxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes.  Thanks, Julie.   I should  have included the link.
Ursula