[lit-ideas] Londoner's eyesight yields better spelling of efficiency

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:43:04 -0500

Donal: Do we want power? Do we respect power? Do we have a
healthy and sane take on these and other questions?

Since at any given moment of our lives each of us may have a healthy or unhealthy "take" on power, and our institutions are reflections of our own propensity for variability in this regard, doesn't it make sense to avoid centralization of power whenever possible?

If one's community goes mad with power, there are other communities. Less conveniently, if one's nation goes mad with power, there are other nations. But a globally centralized entity gone power mad? Short of lunar or Martian colonies, where's the out?