[lit-ideas] Liberals and the Woman who hates them

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 16:32:55 +0000

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2007/09/30/liberals_and_the_woman_who_hates_them?page=full&comments=true

I noticed  the title of Ann Coulter’s article: “Liberals and the Woman who
hates them,” and wondered why she isn’t more nuanced in her classifications –
as I am here on Lit-Ideas.  There are Liberals, Leftists, and Radical Leftists,
and I almost never mention “Democrats.”  Now, it is true that sometimes I seem
to slip and put everyone in a single bag, but read on and you will find the
nuance.  That doesn’t seem to be the case with Coulter.  She seems to believe
that Democrats, Liberals, Leftists and Extreme Leftists  are all in the same
bag.

Well, if you read her article, you might see why she has formed that idea.  Not
only do all the people in the Liberal-bag attack her with one voice, timid
Conservatives seem to think she’s uncouth.  I personally think she’s funny, but
then she’s making fun at the sort of people I disagree with – usually.

Lawrence