[lit-ideas] Left Wing case for a Neoconservative Foreign Policy

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:10:44 -0700

http://www.claremont.org/writings/060810zvesper.html

Here is a review (also sent me by a lurker) of two books on Neoconservatism
by John Zvesper:  Douglas Murray's Neoconservatism: Why we need it, and
Antitotalitarianism, the Left-Wing case for a Neoconservative Foreign Policy
by Oliver Kamm.  Zvesper found Kamm's book more interesting and better
written than Murray's.  I was intrigued.  I'd like to read a "Left-Wing case
for a Neoconservative Foreign Policy," but I discovered Kamm's not to be
available here in the U.S.  One must order it from England:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/190486306X/202-1863300-8151069?v=glance
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/190486306X/202-1863300-8151069?v=glance&;
n=266239> &n=266239   for what I suppose is 5.99 pounds -- whatever that
means.  The position Kamm takes seems close to the position Paul Berman took
in Terror and Liberalism.  But it sounds shocking to hear that someone finds
Neoconservatism consistent with [shudder] Leftism.

Lawrence