[lit-ideas] Re: Do You Have a Moral Urgency?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:24:32 -0400

No.  It's what makes the war on terror possible.

> However, if you read my post again, you'll see I mentioned
> the US twice for places one might find the unwashed.

The spirit of your use of the unwashed did not come across as benign and an
equalizer.  Generally speaking, not you, but generally, people who feel
inferior will flip it around and turn it into superiority; it's not me
who's inferior, it's you.  It's aptly named tossing the hot potato.  It's
all part of the science of shame.   It's the inner child at work, otherwise
known as arrogance and grandiosity.  That's exactly what the Mexicans are
doing when they make racist slurs against the blacks in this country, it's
because they, the Mexicans are feeling inferior, so they find someone else
to throw it on.  It's the basis of all racism, the feeling that one's self
is flawed, and handing it over to somebody else.  So, accept and love your
inner child and he won't have to be so superior.  And read Peter Galbraith.
Gotta go.