[lit-ideas] Re: Last Sunday's SUNDAY POEM

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 19:29:27 -0800

On Dec 3, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

A JOKE IS WORTH A THOUSAND PICTURES

See my this Sunday's poem--on your Sunday of course--for a new and possibly improved perspective on life which, like Daz or Vim or Coors Lite or Bud or several stuffed simulacra of the blue-footed booby, may currently be on offer at your local Target.

Or you could ignore the blether of all folk in the Scottish play--George in particular-- and just carry on groking the grog.

I'd invite you to dinner--salmon tonight, with brussels and chanterelles in a sauce of mine own invent, and fingerlings with onions-- but bums are already on seats and you've probably digested, so far ahead is Memphis.

May Monday prove a whole lot better than last Sunday seemingly was.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon