[lit-ideas] Justin Bieber & his fans

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas " <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 07:13:45 -0800

Last night (what with Susan feeling better) I scrolled through the Netflix
"watch it now" offerings and encountered a documentary on Justin Bieber.  It
showed some clips of his playing the drums and he seemed very good.  But
when it came to his singing I couldn't really tell.  It went from his inept
juvenile singing on YouTube to performances with a lot of background music,
noise, and screaming fans such that he could have been a very poor singer
and it wouldn't have made any difference to his performances; which were
more focused on his cavorting about on various platforms and devices, some
of which swung him high above his adoring fans.

The documentary spent a lot of time on his fans, young girls and not so
young girls vowing undying gushing love for Justin.  Any young man inclined
to put women on a pedestal would become befuddled before elevating anyone
from this silly lot.

Lawrence