[lit-ideas] Island Hopping in the Mediterranean

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:44:37 EST

Volkerlanendisch

> Maybe my distracted mind simply approximated the sound of
>Falklands.
> suspect Freud would say we’ve already  spent far too much time on this slip.

Oh now. Because now D. Ritchie has to tell us about Falkland in Fife.
Imagine living in a place called "The land of the people". There must be
something
wrong about it.

I don't know much about Fife -- has to check on a map. If it's pretty
remote, I assume that perhaps Viscount Falkland never visited there. Or
possibly  he
was born in Falkland (Palace).

If you think of it, it's the captain of the ship who possibly had the
OBLIGATION to name any archipelago after his mecenas!

But then, my favourite island for a time, was Christmas Island, on the
Pacific ocean.

I know like "Melita" and Malta, and all the islands on the Mediterranean,
like Minorca (where Nelson died) and the rest. Beautiful things islands are.

The subject line is a name of a book! And my favourite sport, if only  as an
armchair sailor!

Cheers,
JL