[lit-ideas] Re: Island Hopping in the Mediterranean

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:10:01 -0800

“The subject line is a name of a book! And my favourite sport, if only as an
armchair sailor!”

I’ve been a bit more than an armchair sailor, but not much more.  I had a
couple of sail boats that I used as diving platforms, but I also did a bit of
sailing.  I lived near the Pacific Ocean until I retired (San Jacinto is far
from the ocean) in 1998 and thought it would be too painful to read books about
sailing again, but finally last year I read a few – among them was Vito Dumas’
Alone through the Roaring Forties.

Lawrence