[lit-ideas] Re: I get 72... raisins?

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 00:36:33 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/2005 10:53:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Korans  in Guantanamo toilets wasn't enough.

Now, Andreas, a quick thought before I go trailing off to look at those
sites you posted:

Surely you have heard that Newsweek's editor has said that they are
re-examining their sources allegations and that they were (most likely)  wrong.

So, Korans were NOT in Guantanamo toilets.

Please, we all know that our soldiers were just doing their jobs and not
doing anything to disrespect anyone's religion.

Not sure whether to believe Newsweek when they reported on it or now after
having pressure put on them (one would have thought after the Rather thing that
 no aspect of media would report on something serious without having triple
checked--and having proof in some form or another that would stand up to any
test put to it)
Best,
Marlena