[lit-ideas] Re: I get 72... raisins?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:30:03 -0700

> Surely you have heard that Newsweek's editor has said that they are
> re-examining their sources allegations and that they were (most likely)
> wrong.

I suspect Newsweek said the story was wrong, regardless of the facts.

There have been many news stories about US soldiers throwing Korans on the
ground in Iraq
(while rummaging through a house or car). There is no doubt about this.

The CIA tortures their captives in Guantanamo and some sixteen other secret
military prisons
in horrible ways; it strains belief to think they wouldn't abuse the Koran.
Everything else
is done, but that one thing isn't?

One thing is certain: the CIA is grinning. They now really know how to push
buttons on
Muslims.

I'm also waiting for the Christian wingnuts to get into this with a bit of
their own foreign
policy. They despise Islam and would easily do something just to provoke them.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com