[lit-ideas] Re: I can't believe my mailbox

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:58:53 -0400

Welcome back, Dorothy.   I'm glad that knock on the head wasn't too serious.
I can't quite read the menu board from here....what's on special tonight?
I hope the bartender laid in a good supply of red wine (...and that stuff that Walter drinks).
And where's that bouncer to keep the riff-raff out?

Andy wrote:

Here I am, standing at the bus stop, clutching my suitcase, coins in hand. Bus pulls up, I step up to the driver when someone yanks me from behind and I go flying down the steps, trip on my suitcase, straight into a lamp post, and next thing I know there are ten people standing around me asking me if I'm okay. Uh, yeah, I'm okay but where's Toto?! Oh gosh, I don't know what to say. And of all people, Walter, our foremost representative of the most human of human activities that I love to bash. And there's Mike, doing his rubber bone routine again. And Ursula and Julie and Judy, and Lawrence too! You're all here! And look! There's the Lit-Ideas Bar & Grill! Oh, okay, let's go in and have a drink since I'm back in Kansas again. We can join Paul sitting there watching the wrong movie again as usual. And of course David is invited and yes, even Phil. He can bring his coconut milk but he needs to wear something more decent than that hula skirt. I mean really, Phil. Yves St. Laurent isn't even cold yet and already...