[lit-ideas] Re: Hobbes's Proof

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:18:21 +0100 (BST)

Yeats wrote, correctly, about his being laid in a grave at the foot of Ben
Bulben, epitaph and all. So I guess it depends on whether Moses went beyond
describing predictable facts about his death to offering specific details, like
the exact time of his passing, that he could not have written up later.

[Btw Hobbes was surely not the "first", unless "a few points" is restricted to
the specific few Hobbes raised.]

Donal
Walls for keeping in and keeping out
But not walls as mere absence of non-wall
London