[lit-ideas] Re: Hitch on his leftist dismay

  • From: jimkandjulieb@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:38:43 -0400

People are afraid of snakes.  People are afraid of planes.  Let's lump them
both together!  The only person I've  met who saw the movie simply used the
adjective "cheesey".

Considering that I love flying and that if a 6" long garter snake passes in
front of me I run screaming in hysteria, I don't think it's a film I'm going to
bother with.

There were two trailers before the Trade Center Towers film which made me want
badly to see both movies -- one was "FlyBoys" (and I am seriously not into war
flicks) and the other was "Babel".

Anyone know anything about them?  There isn't much in IMDB because it's going
to be several months before they're released, apparently.  "Babel" will most
likely not even hit Columbia and I'll have to wait for it on DVD.

Julie Krueger