[lit-ideas] Hire New Orleans Refugees to Repair the City? For Labor Day

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:15:01 -0400

Forgive my naiveté, but couldn't the government employ a bunch of managers and supervisors, then

HIRE THE DISPLACED RESIDENTS OF NEW ORLEANS TO REPAIR THEIR OWN CITY?

In the process of repairing their own city, the hurricane victims would also have the chance to train at different skills, such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, etc.

Seems it would do more to help the victims than giving the money to an international corporation. But that's just me and my callow hatred of globalism and global corporations....