[lit-ideas] Re: Hilary's Twater

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:52:39 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/2009 10:28:31 A.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
pastone@xxxxxxxxx writes:
This is measured indirectly,  but for MOST intents
and purposes, at room temperature, it's basically 14 -  pH.
Interestingly, decreasing the temperature can decrease the pH.
----

And the taste changes accordingly, I  expect.

Incidentally, do you think the tongue is otiose? I mean, for  philosophical
purposes, it's _OBVIOUS_ that's it's the sense of TOUCH -- what  the tongue
does. It touches those ions, and thus they taste more or less  'acid'.

What sense are we to make that water is tasteless?

If it's  COLOURLESS why is it visible? Or perhaps it's not and that's why
we call it  trans-lucid?

Oddly, Putnam mentions that in Mars, with their twater, they  would have
twater-based lubricants, too. In this respect they seem to operate  better
than the water-based ones. No?

I miss K. Trogge -- I suppose he  must be busy paying a visit to
Christopher Bruce in Kiel, Germany.

I know  see that he _wanted_ to deafen and blind his 12-month neighbour, to
repeat the  Helen Keller experiment. Wicked mind! (Someone should stop him
-- I think it's  Helen Kohler -- he said the surnames were cognate).

What's the big deal  with water-based lubricants? Are they supposed to be
better because you can  water-wash them more easily?

Later,

JL Speranza
Buenos Aires, Argentina

**************Dell Studio XPS Desktop: Save up to $400 - Limited Time Offer
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222466512x1201463496/aol?redir=htt
p:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D3)