[lit-ideas] Re: Hey! They're trying to abolish Limbo

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:48:39 -0400

At 10:37 AM 10/6/2006, you wrote:

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/5406552.stm>Click here: BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | How can limbo just be abolished?

Now this puts a whole new light on things.....

I expected this to be some Southern state's new law abolishing leaning over backwards and walking under a stick.

My favourite quote from the article: "The Pope, himself, has been quoted in the past as saying that he would let the idea of limbo "drop, since it has always been only a theological hypothesis".

Unlike those iron-clad proven hypotheses like heaven, hell, god, virgin birth etc.

Also astonished by theologians, most notably that they EXIST!

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada