[lit-ideas] Re: Goldberg Variations

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 23:30:26 -0700

On Oct 8, 2009, at 11:19 PM, Donal McEvoy wrote:

we notably have Zowie Bowie and Rolan Bolan amongst other monstrosities but no Pepper, Piss, Tin, or Smoke Pot.

Donal Patrick Patrick (parents couldn't be arsed to think up another name for confirmation ceremony; they maintain this is an Irish tradition)

Brill. Well done those parents. Read the Wikipedia article on Pol Pot and you'll wonder if we who teach should ever fail anyone. Pol Pot, Hitler...just give them all a "C" and prevent bloody history. I'm sure that's what the deans were thinking.

David Ritchie,
wise before they call "time" in
Portland, Oregon