[lit-ideas] Re: Goldberg Variations

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 06:19:20 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 8/10/09, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Well. He was so good they named him twice.
>
> James James Morrison Morrison, was exceptionally good.

Pooh-sticking thoughts from this:-

1. If JLS had his way, The Doors would be The Knobs.

2. Comparing rock star excess and child cruelty with that of dictators, we
notably have Zowie Bowie and Rolan Bolan amongst other monstrosities but no
Pepper, Piss, Tin, or Smoke Pot.

Donal Patrick Patrick (parents couldn't be arsed to think up another name for
confirmation ceremony; they maintain this is an Irish tradition)
Thankful For Small Mercies
The Land Across The Sea