[lit-ideas] Going Forth

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 19:05:28 -0500

OK, it's Independence Day, god am I glad we're rid of those Brits and only have
the rest of the world to worry about now.  Not much time left before I have to
go babysit Naimh.  (Does anyone here remember how to pronounce it?)  Ha!  Good
Christian White Southern People mock and make fun of African-American names --
I love it when they run across weird named whites.  Shantih, my daughter, told
me that many times new teachers would say "Oh!" on first roll call -- that's
"Oh" as in "Oh, your white!!!"  Same with Ondine my other daughter and mother
of Naimh.  Destroying expectations, that's my mission in life.   Jesus, I'm so
sick of Bush.  Who will rid me of this meddlesome president?  Ach!  I was so
glad no one assassinated Bush when he was at Graceland the other day -- I've
sent so many scurrilous emails to Senators Frist and Alexander that I'd be
first on the Secret Service's list.  Why do they call it the Secret Service?  A
secret to whom? Back when Carter was President, Hamilton Jordon, his Chief of
Staff, was in Memphis for some reason and he was drinking at the Bombay Bicycle
Club where I happened to be drinking as well and when I went to take a leak I
couldn't get to the empty urinal next to this guy because this other guy with
an earpiece and an I'LL Kill YOU look was standing in the way.  I had to wait
for Hamilton Jordan to finish peeing before I could pee.  That was the first
time I've ever watched a man of importance piss.  I wasn't much impressed.
More later about America on this 4th when I return from babysitting.

Mike Geary
Memphis