[lit-ideas] Re: Gin and It (Was: Ginseng (Was: Ginsberg))

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:37:16 -0600

Ha!  Here I was thinking I was a drinkaholic but I'd never heard of "gin and
it",  so I googled it: gin and sweet vermouth.  Hmmm.  We all know that a
martini is gin and dry vermouth.  Dry, yes, but I've never heard of 'sweet'
vermouth.  "Sweet vermouth? Impossible", you say.  So I had thought.  I guess
I'm just not so reprobate as I feared I was.

I'm sure that "it and gin" is a pun, but I can't work it out.  Help!

Mike Geary
Memphis