[lit-ideas] Re: Fred Thompson on Michael Moore

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:03:18 -0500

Ha!  Fred Thompson -- he's a good old boy, for sure -- a fellow Tennessean, no
less, albeit born in Alabama and now residing in McLean, VA..  He's a great
admirer of Ronald Reagan whom he much resembles being a B actor with a D mind.
Good old Freddie.  He's never seen a tax cut for the rich that he didn't like,
he loves guns, has no problem with global warming, but, boy, does he hate
abortion.  One might suspect he's a Southerner, those bulwarks against
enlightenment.  But nevermind his politics who could ever forget his brilliant
perfomance in Fat Man And Little Boy (1989), and his poignant potrayal of
whoever that was he played in Curly Sue (1991) -- it certainly rivals Reagan's
performance in Bedtime For Bonzo.  But there I go judging people again instead
of just saying "how odd!"

By the way, for those who don't know why Freddie starts off his "response"
with: "You know, I've been looking at my schedule, Michael - and I don't think
I have time for you."  It's because on May 2, 2007, Thompson wrote an
article[23] critical of Cuba's government-run health care. Filmmaker Michael
Moore responded May 15, 2007 with a challenge for a health care debate.[24]
Later that day, Thompson responded with the video.  Like me, Freddie would
rather be cute than clever. (Wiki)

Mike Geary
Memphis