[lit-ideas] Re: Four photos of Sage

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 11:37:40 -0800

On Dec 1, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Ursula Stange wrote:

> Yes, it was, David.   I love cemetaries.   My favourites have been in Prague,
> in Paris, in Glasgow, in Berlin, in Dresden, in New Lanark and , oh, so many
> other places.

Perhaps the strangest one I've encountered was in Guayaquil, Ecuador.  It was
divided by class: mansion-like mausoleums for the rich, middling things for the
middle class, slots in slab walls for the workers.

You, Ursula, have possibly seen my photos of Lachaise in an album titled
"Inanimate" on Facebook?

David Ritchie,
not writing a novel in
Portland, Oregon