[lit-ideas] Re: First Rational Discourse creates al Qaeda, now... battle PhDs?

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:20:42 +0700

Eric Yost wrote:

" ... jump up and down, its graying, narcissistic, silly pigtail
flipflopping, squalling obscenities in order to subvert the master
narrative, its puer aeternus knee-length shorts pulled down for
emphatic mooning of the pro and con."

While this fellow deserves all the attention he is getting, looking
into the circumstances of this display has made me a bit sympathetic.
What sort of communications professor shouts 'Racism!' when
challenged?  Well, an academic who views argumentation as performance,
I suppose.  She deserves to be fired as much as he.

Phil Enns
Yogyakarta, Indonesia