[lit-ideas] Re: Fear of poultry

  • From: Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 23:05:44 -0700

Yeah I was expecting a less-serious answer, but I enjoyed this one. In all of the scenarios where I make it to Idaho, I get chickens. My parents had them when I was a kid and I was tasked with braving a Rhode Island Red rooster in order to get the eggs. As I read the article I was trying to realize in what way I "picked" the hens in order to make him mad, but I don't know what that means. I can't remember the nature of our hen house but I suspect it was rather simple, I may have needed to walk around searching for eggs. Maybe I picked _up _some hens in order to look underneath them -- maybe that is what the writer of the article meant. I would want a more efficient hen house and if I have a rooster I would hope not to make him mad.

Lawrence

On 8/18/2016 10:21 PM, david ritchie wrote:

Here’s a good piece on what I’ve observed: https://thechickenstreet.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/10-things-you-wanted-to-know-about-chickens-but-were-afraid-to-ask-10-flock-dynamics-alliances-aggression/

But if you were hoping for a less serious answer, I’ll supply one after the next play performance.

David etc.

No virus found in this message.