[lit-ideas] Facebook/ACLU

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 02:37:39 -0400

I found this on a friend's page and have been distributing it. -EY

Hi,

Are you on Facebook? Are any of your friends or family part of
one of the largest online communities in the world?

You may have seen or heard about the quizzes that are so popular on the site, but do you know just how much of your information quizzes can access and how little Facebook does to safeguard that information.

I just signed the ACLU's petition calling on Facebook to increase it's privacy standards and to better protect user's data that is shared via
Facebook Quizzes.

Will you sign the online petition and demand that Facebook give you
real control over your own information by default?

http://action.aclu.org/privacypetition

If you're on Facebook, find out what quizzes really reveal about you:
http://apps.facebook.com/aclunc_privacy_quiz