[lit-ideas] FW: Re: Movie

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 01:01:50 -0400

I wrote:
"And I don't think the paparazzi sections were
> parodies at all."

Well, maybe where he starts making stuff up is a parody, given the extent
to which he was making things up, and people really can't get enough of it.
Most people can't tell you a Zarqawi from a zebra but they'll tell you all
about J.Lo's exploits.  Is there an irony in this?  The rich have fun fun
fun and often wind up empty, while the non-rich fill their void by watching
and envying the rich their fun fun fun.  Both are pretty equally miserable.
That's the direction in which I thought Waugh seemed to be going.