[lit-ideas] Re: Esquire

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:11:29 +0200

On 22-Oct-09, at 7:58 AM, Eric Yost wrote:

Those block-shaped emporia one sees along major interstate
highways blandishing towering signs that proclaim ADULT
BOOKS. ... I imagine it would be thrilling to see their
collection of tomes on such topics as integrity, parenting,
and personal responsibility.

On 22-Oct-09, at 9:42 AM, Donal McEvoy wrote:

You'd find a lot of their treatments of these key topics involve chains.

... and I presume you do not mean chains of reasoning - or perhaps one must add to the lists of forms of argumentation: deductive, inductive and ABDUCTIVE.

Hmmm - there may BE something there that explains a lot ...

Chris Bruce,
rattling the first 2 types of chain
in protest against the third, in
Kiel, Germany