[lit-ideas] Re: Edwards

  • From: "carol kirschenbaum" <carolkir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:44:30 -0700

Julie posted this a couple of days ago, re: Edwards:

 "It is incredible to me that someone running for the office of President,
claiming to be profoundly interested in health care, poverty, etc., would
spend $500 on a hair trim."

ck: If you want someone who walks the walk he talks, try Kucinich. Once
again, he's not considered a "serious choice" (except by Robert Scheer on
NPR, maybe) because he's not tall, handsome, and rich. And well-groomed,
well cared for, as will be the nation if he's elected president. Or so goes
the rationale. I give him a pass. He's a presidenntial candidate and the
director of the North Carolina Center for Poverty at UNC for the past few
years. Low on the hypocrisy scale, as these things go.

As for George W., he may do his own hair (this I truly doubt, btw), but he
spends more than $4,000 per suit, according to an article about his
Washington tailor in the New Yorker about a year ago. I'll say this much for
him: he's well-tailored.
Carol