[lit-ideas] Death on other planets

  • From: Torgeir Fjeld <torgeir_fjeld@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:55:10 -0700 (PDT)

The Mike Geary version:
> The hatch was closed,
> white casket in a black hearse.
> It headed toward the cemetery.
> The bereaved sighed with relief
> as the funeral procession made it's way
> through one green light after another.
> Had his life only been so.

YEsyes i love it. This s Robert  Bly style. Nevermind meaning in words, care
for expressive effect. Should explain the afterword.

How about:

As the heavy hatch enclosed
the white coffin, the black mausoleum
moved toward the traffic light. The bereaved
sighed with relief.

The procession made it across while the lights were green.