[lit-ideas] DADT -- a Gricean analysis

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 15:39:33 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/2010 4:26:53  P.M., molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
so they can't be relied upon to "cover my  back."  That is, each one's life
depends on the others.  My fear is  the other way.  That openly gay people
will be the ones whose backs are not  covered.

Good. And good to learn from Judy Evans that it's elsewise in England,
since this should be a cosmopolitan discussion, not about some boring American
policy!

--- But hey.

DADT -- is that Gricean.

"Don't ask, don't tell".

As my grandmother prefers:

"Ask no question and you'll be told no lies".

But -- is she lesbian? (Should we care?)

JLS, Bordighera, etc.