[lit-ideas] Re: Contemplating Geary, the Omphaloskeptic

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:10:48 -0800 (PST)

Exactly.  If we'd stop meddling in the world and wasting immeasurable sums of
money on wars and looking for enemies and fix our own problems instead maybe
we'd have a chance at solving them.  Right now energy is a granite mountain
this train will finally derail on.  If it's any comfort, the whole world is
headed toward it, all because they're saying, mountain?  I don't see no
mountain.

David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  but because the
Dutch and the Scandinavians (and no doubt the inhabitants of Zurich,
when they're not stealing paintings) have been feeding their babies
well, looking after their future?

Surely the meeting point of universal brotherhood and the brotherhood
of Marines is an agreement that big babies, or at least healthy
babies, numbering about 2.1 for each couple (or maybe 1.9) are the
way forward?

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon