[lit-ideas] Re: Cato and welfare

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:54:53 -0800 (PST)

I don't know about suicides in Sweden, I think you're
talking about Finland. Crime rates and particulary
international comparison of them is too complicated
for me. If you wan't to do some research your self,
head to Sweden's national statistic bureau at
http://www.scb.se/default____2154.asp

You should find immigration numbers there eventually,
but I'm happy enough with the numbers mentioned here:
"By the mid-1990s, nearly 950,000 of Sweden's 8.8
million inhabitants were people born in another
country. The total number with "foreign backgrounds"
(born abroad or having at least one foreign-born
parent) was 1.6 million, or nearly one fifth of all
Swedish inhabitants. A new multicultural society has
emerged in only a decade or so: a society that is here
to stay."
http://www.sweden.se/templates/Article____2283.asp
Good article btw.

Cheers,