[lit-ideas] Re: Canine Companions

  • From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:51:14 -0400

Actually I did read that article, I just didn't have anything to say about
it, because I don't really see the special difference between the dog in the
article and every other dog that knows how to fetch.  So the dog understands
German words and can recognize objects by name.  So what?  My dog
understands English words and can recognize objects by name.  He knows what
a treat is, he knows what a mat is, he knows what a walk is etc.  He perhaps
does not recognize 200+ words, but I frankly didn't spend that much time
"training" him, at least not to fetch a zillion kabillion different things.
The dog in the article was very well trained.  Big deal.  My dog, on the
other hand, can vomit several times in a row.  Someone should write an
article about _that_.

Erin