[lit-ideas] Re: CIA Secret Prisons

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:24:08 -0700

Why bring me into this Simon?  I've been peacefully making my way through
Christopher Hitchens' collection of essays entitled Love, Poverty, and War,
Journeys and Essays, trying to mind my own business, and showing my
appreciation for a certain sort of Brit in the process.  I don't know
anything about your subject.  I don't know if there are any secret prisons
or not, but if any did exist and if someone decided to keep them secret, I
can think of an excellent reason for why he might decided to do so: to avoid
having to listen to all the whining from bleeding heart liberals.

Lawrence, still in Hitchens "Route 66"