[lit-ideas] Re: But WHY?

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:18:50 -0700

On Aug 20, 2014, at 8:18 AM, cblists@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> From this week's Harper's Weekly Review (August 19, 2014):
>
> "A Portland, Oregon, man called police to report a chicken crossing the road
> ..."
>
> http://harpers.org/blog/weekly-review/
>
> Is there something you're not telling us, David?

I checked the footnote.  This happened in north Portland, where issues are
different.  Hereabouts, as you know if you've been following my accounts,
direct action has not been the order of the day.  In fact road crossing qua
crossing is the sort of thing that gets sent to committee for further
discussion.  But there are currently hints this could change.  More on Sunday.

David Ritchie,
poulet wranglaire,
Portland,